Mission and Statement of Faith
Wescare Christian Academy is a Christian auxiliary that includes a private academy and before/after school program. Wescare operates as a ministry of the First Wesleyan Church. Our objective is to enhance the entire person spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically. We believe Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world; and He has come to offer everlasting life.
Statement of Faith:
The following, though not an exhaustive statement of faith, contains key elements of the belief system to which Wescare Christian Academy subscribes:
· We believe in the infinite, personal God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
· We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, authoritative basis for our understanding of doctrine and truth.
· We believe in the deity of The Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of The Father, His personal return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
· We believe that regeneration by The Holy Spirit in response to an individual’s acceptance of the gospel message is absolutely necessary for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
· We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
· We believe the Christian life is possible only by the indwelling power of The Holy Spirit enabling man to live a godly and sanctified life.
· We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the saved to a resurrection of life and the lost to a resurrection of damnation.
· We believe in the unity of believers through the sharing of common life in Christ Jesus.
Distinctives in Education:
Wescare Christian Academy is committed to providing a quality education within a learning environment that is distinctive in the following ways:
· Christian distinctive – The Biblical doctrine of grace, living a godly and sanctified life must be a major theme reinforced to the students in both theory and practice.
· Academic Distinctive – The key to quality education is a mastery of fundamental academic skills, language arts, math, science and social studies.
· Character Distinctive – All basic elements of Christian character find their roots in the quality of proper honor, respect and deference toward God-ordained authority.
· Philosophical Distinctive – All meaningful learning takes place in the context of God’s existence as the infinite, personal God who has revealed Himself to man through the person of Jesus Christ.